Every mobile device holds large volumes of confidential data. Losing this data or exposing it to the public can become a nightmare for any organisation. Recent data security breaches have emphasized the strong need for proper destruction of sensitive data. This is especially true about mobile devices, which can be so easily lost or stolen.
SecuWipe is an advanced data erasure software that deletes all traces of data stored on Windows phones and Windows CE handhelds, ensuring that sensitive information does not fall into the wrong hands. The overwriting procedures used by SecuWipe to permanently remove data meet the most stringent standards for data removal.
SecuWipe uses the following data wiping methods to securely destroy information:
- Zeroing-out – everything is overwritten with “0” pattern – 1 pass;
- US Department of Defense – U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (C) – everything is overwritten with a random byte – 1 pass;
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (E) – all data is overwritten with “0”, “1” and with a random byte – 3 passes;
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) – used method #3, then #2, then #3 – 7 passes. Mobile devices containing top secret data are not permitted to be sanitized by any of DoD5220.22; they must be physically destroyed.
- Bruce Schneier’s algorithm – the first pass overwrites the file with the bit pattern “0”, the second with “1”, and the next five with a cryptographically random bit pattern (SHA 512-bit is used to generate cryptographic random) – 7 passes.
- Peter Gutmann’s algorithm – 35 overwrite passes in total, it is considered the strongest method for data destruction.
SecuWipe is designed to wipe information from devices running on Windows CE/embedded platforms, as well as legacy Windows Mobile platforms, even the most early versions of Windows Mobile/Pocket PC.
If you need to securely wipe sensitive data within your organisation, please, either