SecuWipe Data Eraser SDK is a developer toolkit for instant integration of secure data wiping into any Windows Embedded Compact/Windows CE/Windows Mobile application. The SDK allows to efficiently wipe hundreds and thousands of devices destined for recycling, or integrate secure data wiping into working processes. Whether your users need daily wiping or it is a one-time data erasure event, SecuWipe SDK will allow you to make this process seamless and easy.
SecuWipe will securely wipe the following areas from the mobile terminal:
- Email, SMS, MMS messages, Contacts, Appointments, Tasks, Calls, Notes, Recordings
- Free Space. Free space wiping is the only effective means to prevent recovery of previously deleted files and to eliminate all traces of temporary copies of files.
- Any size/any type removable media cards, SD card(s)/Files and Folders/Internet Explorer history, cookies, cache/Recycle bin
Data wiping algorithms:
- Zeroing-out – everything is overwritten with “0” pattern – 1 pass;
- US Department of Defense – U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (C) – everything is overwritten with a random byte – 1 pass;
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (E) – all data is overwritten with “0”, “1” and with a random byte – 3 passes;
- U.S. DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) – used method #3, then #2, then #3 – 7 passes. Mobile devices containing top secret data are not permitted to be sanitized by any of DoD5220.22; they must be physically destroyed.
- Bruce Schneier’s algorithm – the first pass overwrites the file with the bit pattern “0”, the second with “1”, and the next five with a cryptographically random bit pattern (SHA 512-bit is used to generate cryptographic random) – 7 passes.
- Peter Gutmann’s algorithm – 35 overwrite passes in total, it is considered the strongest method for data destruction.
|Supported platforms||Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 (WEC7)/2013|
|Win CE 5x/6.0|
|Support for legacy platforms||Windows CE 3.0/4.0/4.1/4.2, MIPS, SH3, SH4, X86|